Attendance Information for Enrolling Students and Families
Welcome to Katikati College, we are very pleased that you have made the decision to enrol your son / daughter with us. At Katikati College we place great value on our students being engaged with their learning and what is happening in the classroom. It is also important that students feel connected to the College. One indicator of this is how often a student is present at school. For this reason, regular attendance at school is vital to doing well.
As parents and whānau, you can help us to ensure that your child is present at school as often as possible. This can be done in the following ways:
- The main reason for absence from school should be for medical / illness reasons.
- We would encourage you to only have your child away from school for justified reasons.
- If your child is going to be away, please let the College know via one of the following ways:
- Phone call to the School Office(549 0434)
- Text message to 029 770 5379
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The message should be left the morning of the absence and should include:
- the name of the child
- their form class
- the date of absence
- the reason for the absence(this is a Ministry of Education requirement to determine why the child is away from school)
- a contact phone number
- If a student is off from school for medical reasons for over 3 days, a medical / doctor’s certificate may be required.
- If you know that your child is going to be away for an extended period of time (for example family holiday),then a letter should be written to the Principal outlining the dates away and the reason for being out of school.
We value you your support with this and if there are any issues to do with getting your child to attend school, please let us know so that we can work together to remedy any issues.