School Donations and Curriculum Costs
In 2019 following significant review, research and consideration the Katikati College Board of Trustees opted out of the Governments Donations Scheme. There are a number of reasons for this decision, including our desire to offer our students the very highest quality teaching and learning opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom. This decision will be regularly reviewed by the BOT.
Currently we are asking for parent/whānau donations of:
$80.00 for the first child in the family/whānau at the College and
$40.00 for each additional child.
This means that in addition to this donation request we also charge parents/whānau for all curriculum, course and extra-curricular activity expenses.
An account is emailed monthly with any charges relating to your child. To pay these accounts you have the following options:
- Cash - placed in an envelope with name of student, what you are paying for and amount, placed in the slot in the student office.
- Eftpos - is available at the main office.
- Internet Banking - Bank Account 02-0340-0019461-01.
- Reference - child's name
- Code is child's form class
- Particulars what you are paying for. (ie camp, subject fees, school donation)
*Please Note: If you are experiencing financial hardship and need support covering any school related costs there is a fund avaialable to ensure your child does not miss out on the opportunity. Please contact your child's Dean for further details.
For more information on Fees, Charges and Donations refer to the Ministy of Education Website.